Sider

Visdomsord

The best concise description of a split bamboo fly rod.

"a useful thing, beautifully made"
-Hiram Hawes

tirsdag 3. juni 2014

Some new ferrule plugs and a glimpse of the magical powerfibers.


When I see pictures of the rods to the old masters, there is one thing that always impresses me and that's their simple, yet elegant ferrule plugs. So when you cut the finished glued butt section to get the right length, there is always some shorter parts of bamboo left, perfect for making Bamboo ferrule plugs.

They are quite easy to make, and they protect the inside of the female ferrule when not in use. 
Another thing is that you get a nice view of the magical power fibers inside of the bamboo flyrod.......pure eye candy.

2 kommentarer:

  1. This a great blog. I am hoping to build my first bamboo fly rod this year so I shall keep reading your posts

    SvarSlett
  2. The Coquet Trout, Thanks
    I never forget catching my first trout on the first bamboo fly rod I made....pure magic.

    Best
    Jan

    SvarSlett