Sider

Visdomsord

The best concise description of a split bamboo fly rod.

"a useful thing, beautifully made"
-Hiram Hawes

onsdag 9. november 2011

Gluing and a new tool.


















After almost a week of planing the splices, it's time to start gluing
the sticks.

If someone had told me five years ago that I would have been on
 Ebay a Friday night "sippin" singel malt and bid on a Stanley 
block plane from the 1940s.......well I did and I won.  


  


































The new and old stanley 9 1/2 block plane, this time the
oldtimer is the best plane. Now I just have to wait for the  
Hock replacement blades ordered from the uk.


Tools to have when you build rods.

 

3 kommentarer:

  1. That was worth the wait and excitement of the auction I'm sure :) Looks like one heck of a machine. Looks like the rod is coming together nicely. Thanks for sharing. Tight Lines

    SvarSlett
  2. The sticks look good! Good luck with the new tools. Ebay can be addicting.

    SvarSlett
  3. Thanks

    Hope to do some real gluing this weekend.
    Nice to see the sticks start locking like bamboo strips.

    SvarSlett