Sider

Visdomsord

The best concise description of a split bamboo fly rod.

"a useful thing, beautifully made"
-Hiram Hawes

torsdag 6. februar 2014

Something for the wall.


I saw this idea on a blog that I follow( Niklas Dahlin-Flytier ) and thought it was a nice thing to have on the wall, perfect downstairs in the workshop. Some Old frames that I found in the attic, an image from last summer, and some famous soft hackled patterns ...... thought it became quite nice.
Made two pieces, one for myself and the other goes to another soft hackled fan ...... think he'll like it.

Partridge and Orange

Partridge and Yellow



Grey Partridge



Snipe and Purple



Black Spider



Syl's Midge



Light Snipe and Yellow



Iron Blue Dun



Waterhen Bloa



Light Spanish Needle


8 kommentarer:

  1. Hi.

    I notice in the snipe and purple the thread is a little pink. If you have a job finding the proper thread I will post you some from England. I'm sure the trout don't mind anyway. Other wise some wonderful tying and great spiders.

    Regards.

    Richard

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hello Richard.
      Yes I agree, its a little to pink. The thread I'm using is Pearsall's Gossamer pink.
      I think a little colour adjustment is the right ting to do.

      Regards
      Jan

      Slett
  2. Lovely.
    Who did the printing, and how were the flies mounted?

    SvarSlett
  3. Thanks Brk Trt

    Must give credit to my wife, she is working in the graphics industry.
    I attached the flies with special tape.

    Regards
    Jan

    SvarSlett
  4. Very Nice Jan, my kind of flies & looking very smart.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thanks George.
      Something special with those old flies.

      Regards
      Jan

      Slett
  5. As George said, excellent looking spiders. What hooks are they? Are they the Partridge spider hooks?

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hello Ben.
      Yes, it is the classic spider hooks from partridge.
      Just love the design on those hooks.

      Regards
      Jan

      Slett